There are two common methods that are used in leading a person to Christ. One is called The Roman Road to Salvation in which a person shares with an unbeliever five passages of scripture out of the Epistle of Romans.
The other is the First Corinthians 15 Model using the distinct pattern of presenting the Gospel to those outside of the faith as the Apostle Paul delivered it to the Corinthian Church. Either one is effective. Choose the one which is comfortable for you and trust the Holy Spirit as being a helper to you as attempt to win souls for the Kingdom of God.
Roman Road to Salvation
- Sharing with the individual that all people are sinners in a need of a Savior. (Romans 3:10-12, 23)
- Because of humankind’s sinful state, let the person know that the consequences of sin is death. (Romans 6:23)
- In spite of the sentence of death for humanity, tell the person of the good news of God’s love for the world. (Romans 5:8)
- Show the individual the way in which they obtain salvation. (Romans 10:9-10, 13)
- Share with the person the blessed peace that is achieved when accepts what God has done for the world through Christ. (Romans 5:1 and 8:1)
First Corinthians 15 Model
Following the pattern of Paul given in 1 Corinthians 15:1-11…
- Share with the unbeliever the historical fact that Jesus lived, died, and rose again from the grave as it was stated by devout men of God in times past and even by Christ very own words before these events occurred.
- Tell the person of how Jesus Christ made himself known in the life of others.
- Give a personal testimony speaking of the wonderful activity of the Risen Christ in your life.
After using either model, if the person decides to accept Jesus Christ as Lord, lead the individual through the Confession of Faith prayer and encourage them to become a member of a local church where they can grow in their faith. Below is an example of the prayer.
Father, I acknowledge that I am a sinner. In spite of my sin, I thank you for sending Jesus to the world to live, to die, and to be raised again from the dead for my sins. Because of this, I confess that Jesus is the Lord of my life. Come into my life Lord Jesus and save me. Take over my life Lord Jesus and teach me how to follow you each day. Amen.